Kanchi mahaperiava

Kanchi mahaperiava
mahaperiava

Welcome to My Blog.....

JAYA JAYA SHANKARA!! HARA HARA SHANKARA!! I welcome all of you to this blogspot which is dedicated in entireity to my JAGAT GURU. I pray to my Kanchi Mahan to shower the blessings for the successful creation of this blogspot. I am in the process of collecting all the available information, speeches, audios, videos, books from the ocean of WEB. I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to all the Original uploaders who provided the resources for me to gather and put the same in my blogspot. Please note that this site is regulary updated and request you to visit on regular basis to update on the happenings. I will leave you here...with Periavaa. JAYA JAYA SHANKARA!! HARA HARA SHANKARA!!

PLEASE LISTEN TO THE NEWLY UPLOADED SONGS ON SHRI MAHAPERIAVAA BY SHRI UDAYALUR KALYANA RAMAN

Friday, April 22, 2011

Kanchi Paramacharya: A Virtual Darshan


English translation of another episode published in Sakthi Vikatan issue dated Oct 8, 2008. Here it is:

"You Want to Know the Greatness of mantra siddhi?"
Author: Sri Ramani Anna (in Tamil)
Source: Sakthi Vikatan issue dated Oct 8, 2008

Once a brahmachary (bachelor) youth came to have darshan of Kanchi Mahaswami (HH Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswati). He prostrated before the sage and got up.
Swamiji looked at him keenly and said, "Are you not Kulitalai Sankaran? You are fine?"
"With your blessings, yes, Periyavaa", said Sankaran.
"Alright, what is your age now?"
"Thirty, Periyavaa."
Periyavaa laughed: "So you have decided to lead your life as a brahmachari, without any idea of marriage."
"Yes, Periyavaa", said Sankaran.
"Alright, anything special about your coming here now?" Periyavaa laughed. "And you wouldn't come without a reason!"
"Yes, Periyavaa. I have come to get a doubt cleared."
"Is it so? Come on, tell me" said Periyavaa. "What is that big doubt you have?"
"It is a doubt about mantra japam, Periyavaa", replied Sankaran.
Periyavaa asked quickly: "If it is about mantra japam... Are you doing any mantra japam?"
"Yes, Periyavaa".
"Oho... You have had an upadesam?"
"Yes, Periyavaa".
"Whoever is that Guru?"
"Mysore Yajna Narayana Kanapadigal", said Sankaran.
"Good, very learned; whatever the mantra?"
Before Sankaran could open his mouth, Swamiji said, "Wait, wait. You should not tell me the mantra. That should remain with you as a secret. Just tell me which devata (God) it is about."
"Hanumat upAsanA paramAna mUla mantra, Periyavaa" said Sankaran.
"Alright. What is it that you want to get clarified in this mantra japam?"
"It is like this, Periyavaa. I am performing this mantra japam since my twenty-third year which was when I got the upadEsam. I am doing it for the last seven years, still I don't know anything."
"What do you mean by saying 'I don't know anything'?", asked Swamiji with surprise.
"What I mean, Periyavaa, is that I am not able to find out if I have got the siddhi of that mantra" replied Sankaran, his voice echoing his sadness.
Swamiji said without hesitation: "What are you going to do by knowing it? Anyway, are you doing the japam for AtmArtam (to know the self) or kAmyArtam (for a specific purpose)?"
Sankaran said: "I am doing it only for AtmArtam, Periyavaa. Still, I am at a loss to understand if I have got the mantra siddhi and the grace of the devata. I pray to you to kindly tell me about my progress". As Sankaran said this with all humility, tears started rolling down his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe through Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

back to top