Kanchi mahaperiava

Kanchi mahaperiava
mahaperiava

Welcome to My Blog.....

JAYA JAYA SHANKARA!! HARA HARA SHANKARA!! I welcome all of you to this blogspot which is dedicated in entireity to my JAGAT GURU. I pray to my Kanchi Mahan to shower the blessings for the successful creation of this blogspot. I am in the process of collecting all the available information, speeches, audios, videos, books from the ocean of WEB. I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to all the Original uploaders who provided the resources for me to gather and put the same in my blogspot. Please note that this site is regulary updated and request you to visit on regular basis to update on the happenings. I will leave you here...with Periavaa. JAYA JAYA SHANKARA!! HARA HARA SHANKARA!!

PLEASE LISTEN TO THE NEWLY UPLOADED SONGS ON SHRI MAHAPERIAVAA BY SHRI UDAYALUR KALYANA RAMAN

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pujya Sri Mahaswamy Divya Charitram Part#51

 

56th Acharya at Vadavambalam (58th according to the mutt records) http://www.kamakoti.org/peeth/origin.html


Swamigal visited the small village of Vadvambalam, situated near the Chendhanur railway station, south of Vizhuppuram. The 56th Acharya of Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam, Sri Atmabhodhendra Saraswathi Swamigal attained siddhi in this town. He had stayed in Kasi for a long time and was known for his commentary on Rudra mantram. There was no marking in that town to identify the place where the Acharya had
attained siddhi. Our Swamigal roamed the village’s fields, groves looking for signs and finally stopped at a place and asked the ground to be dug there. The village folks were following Swamigal around during his search. They said that they had dug places around here for various other reasons and did not see any signs of anyone attaining siddhi there, but there was a well in that place. However, Swamigal insisted and ordered that place to excavated. A few feet into the ground, a skull was found. At that time, one of persons who was digging Kumaramangalam Samabamoorthy Shastri fell down shouting “Stop,
Stop”. He regained consciousness after a long time and recanted the amazing vision that he saw.
“I saw a sannyasin wearing saffron robes, having a dhandam in his hand, wearing rudraksha mala around his neck and was as tall as the sky. There were several Brahmins around the sannyasin chanting Upanishads. The huge figure then ordered the chanting to be stopped and I repeated that order to stop. Moreover, I heard the figure say, “Don’t dig, don’t dig” in my ears. The figure became smaller and smaller and disappeared. I just
heard someone chanting “ Sadasivam, Sadasivam” in my ears. And that too stopped in a
little while, at which point I regained consciousness”. The village people were astonished to hear his vision, prostrated before Swamigal and requested his guidance on how to
proceed further. As per Swamigal’s wish, the piece of land was donated to the mutt and a brindavan was built there with the help of one of the local Reddy. On 17th of January, 1927, the brindhavanam was established by Swamigal and daily pujas are being conducted there. Swamigal makes it a point to visit and have darshan at the brindhavanam during his south tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe through Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

back to top