Kanchi mahaperiava

Kanchi mahaperiava
mahaperiava

Welcome to My Blog.....

JAYA JAYA SHANKARA!! HARA HARA SHANKARA!! I welcome all of you to this blogspot which is dedicated in entireity to my JAGAT GURU. I pray to my Kanchi Mahan to shower the blessings for the successful creation of this blogspot. I am in the process of collecting all the available information, speeches, audios, videos, books from the ocean of WEB. I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to all the Original uploaders who provided the resources for me to gather and put the same in my blogspot. Please note that this site is regulary updated and request you to visit on regular basis to update on the happenings. I will leave you here...with Periavaa. JAYA JAYA SHANKARA!! HARA HARA SHANKARA!!

PLEASE LISTEN TO THE NEWLY UPLOADED SONGS ON SHRI MAHAPERIAVAA BY SHRI UDAYALUR KALYANA RAMAN

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Experiences with Maha Periyava: Puncturing the Ego

I witnessed an incident about 4 decades back in Kalavai, when I went to have a darshan of Paramacharya on His Jayanthi day.There was as usual a huge crowd. My wife and I were waiting when He appeared suddenly from another side. The crowd started moving towards Him. There was a 50 year old Man with gold chains adorning the neck and his wife prostrated before Him. Periyava was in mouna vratham. He looked a very well placed businessman.
Periyava enquired,”How are you?" in mouna.
This man and his wife gave a pamphlet showing that he conducted 'Samashti Upanayanam’ for 4 days for poor Brahmins in KK Nagar (free Upanayanams with all costs born by him.) Periyava looked at the pamphlet.There was silence. He asked him "How much did you spend?" "He said a few lacs." Silence.
Periyava asked him in mouna, about a boy called "Dakshinamurthy of Tirunelveli. This man got a shock of his life. Periyava disappeared!
This man started weeping uncontrollably. .His wife tried to pacify and a few journalists present asked him, "Sir what happened? Why are you crying?"
He went on repeating," I am a criminal. I am a criminal." Then he explained,
"I had a widowed sister few years ago and her son's name is Dakshinamurthy. I took care of them but she also passed away. I did not like to keep that boy in my house and drove him away and I do not know where he is. Periyava 'indirectly' asked me today 'You do Samashti Upanayanam' for all but you have forgotten your own sister's son! Now I have to somehow find him and make him a man."
Author: Sri Ramani Anna (in Tamil)
Source: Sakthi Vikatan issue dated Jan 03, 2007

Photo: Experiences with Maha Periyava: Puncturing the Ego<br /><br />I witnessed an incident about 4 decades back in Kalavai, when I went to have a darshan of Paramacharya on His Jayanthi day.There was as usual a huge crowd. My wife and I were waiting when He appeared suddenly from another side. The crowd started moving towards Him. There was a 50 year old Man with gold chains adorning the neck and his wife prostrated before Him. Periyava was in mouna vratham. He looked a very well placed businessman.<br /> <br />Periyava enquired,”How are you?" in mouna.<br /><br />This man and his wife gave a pamphlet showing that he conducted 'Samashti Upanayanam’ for 4 days for poor Brahmins in KK Nagar (free Upanayanams with all costs born by him.) Periyava looked at the pamphlet.There was silence. He asked him "How much did you spend?" "He said a few lacs." Silence.<br /><br />Periyava asked him in mouna, about a boy called "Dakshinamurthy of Tirunelveli. This man got a shock of his life. Periyava disappeared!<br /><br />This man started weeping uncontrollably. .His wife tried to pacify and a few journalists present asked him, "Sir what happened? Why are you crying?" <br /><br />He went on repeating," I am a criminal. I am a criminal." Then he explained,<br /><br />"I had a widowed sister few years ago and her son's name is Dakshinamurthy. I took care of them but she also passed away. I did not like to keep that boy in my house and drove him away and I do not know where he is. Periyava 'indirectly' asked me today 'You do Samashti Upanayanam' for all but you have forgotten your own sister's son! Now I have to somehow find him and make him a man." <br /><br />Author: Sri Ramani Anna (in Tamil)<br />Source: Sakthi Vikatan issue dated Jan 03, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe through Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

back to top